Best way to activate the Bank of America debit card: Here are instructions on how to activate the Bank of America ( BoFA ) debit card, and the steps to follow depending on the method shown. We will then tell you what to do once the card has been activated.
The technology of today makes it possible for a bank debit card to be activated more easily.
As a result, you will be able to activate a credit or debit card online at any time and place by accessing the official BankOfAmerica.com website. A device connected to the internet and some data are all that are required to complete the process.
What is the best way to activate the Bank of America debit card online?
Therefore, we are going to show you step by step how to activate the debit card from Bank of America below.
The card must first be activated on the bank’s secure website at Secure.BankOfAmerica.com .
Enter your username and password to log in to your account.
Afterwards, you will need to enter the following information to activate your card:
- Located just above your name on the front of your card, this 16-digit number is unique to you
- Date of expiration of the same
- The CVV number which is the 3 digits on the back of the card.
Your card will be activated once Bank of America has confirmed your identity and received the requested information
Keep Reading: How do I replace a Bank of America debit card Online?
How to activate the Bank of America debit card by phone?
Call BoFA customer service at (800) 472-1000 if you prefer the telephone method to make your request.
For those who are not very knowledgeable about online banking, it is recommended to use this method. The activation process will be facilitated here by a representative.
Quick Guide to Activate the Bank Of America debit card:
After we explained how to activate your debit card previously, now that you know what the various methods are you can also contact a bank representative, check the bank’s official site, and use ATMs in the bank. Contact your bank.
The following are the methods that can be used to activate the BoFA card :
Debit cards can be activated online
Bank of America debit and credit cards can both be activated through this web portal.
For quick and easy activation, all you need to do is enter the web link BankOfAmerica.com following the steps above.
Through phone calls
You can activate it without any problem if you are located within the United States by calling 1 (888) 624-2323.
In contrast, if you reside outside of the United States, you may contact us by calling (925) 675-6195.
Use the ATM
This method involves visiting any Bank of America automated teller machine (ATM), inserting your card, selecting the PIN, and following the instructions of the cashier. Within a short period of time, your card will be activated.
Afterward, you will be able to make payments.
Post Activation Tips
After we talk about activation, we will give you some Post-Activation Practical Advice. You can take steps on your own to ensure the security of your card and your account, since there are a number of things you can do that do not require the assistance of the bank. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Keep your credit card in a safe place, especially if it is a credit card. You can use it and have your money available at any time, but be cautious. When you lose a card, it is dangerous and can be difficult to get a new one.
- Once you activate your card, you must be aware of your account. See if there are any strange movements in your movements and account statements. Also verify when you last deposited money with the bank.
- Do not give out your PIN to anyone else. If you want to share it with a close family member or spouse, you can change it later for added security.
- The maximum withdrawal per day is $500. Your bank will be able to increase this limit if you tell them that you want it that way. A maximum of $1,000 can be withheld if your bank decides to do so.
- Do not respond to emails from unknown sources, where they ask for personal information, PINs, and security questions. If you need to do something online, go to the official website and not the link in the email. You can read the notifications that come to you from the bank. You can also listen to phone calls.
- Once your card is activated , do not trust yourself, you must be very aware of any type of theft or fraud.
- Cardholders can have their money with them, but they should always keep it close to them and in a secure place.
- Do not divulge your PIN to others, even if you trust them (spouse or close family member).
When you see an unknown movement in your account or if your card is lost or stolen, block your card and contact the bank immediately. In this way, you can prevent hackers from stealing your money.
Keep Reading: What banks offer money for opening an account?
Steps to Open an Account at Bank of America
The final step is to explain how to open an account at Bank of America. First, you must open an account at the bank, either a savings account or a checking account. The process is very simple, and in general terms it goes as follows:
- To begin with, you need to decide which product you want. View the account options available to you on the Bank of America website, along with each one’s characteristics. It is even possible to open both a checking and a savings account simultaneously. A credit card can also be requested.
- You must meet the requirements, which include submitting personal information, making a minimum deposit ($100 for the Advantage Savings account), presenting your ID, etc.
- Then proceed to open your account . Alternatively, you can visit the nearest bank branch and complete the process there. Your bank representative will assist you in opening your account and giving you your card. It is even possible to ask about activation at the time of account opening.
- It is also possible to do it online. Simply select the type of account you want, the specific account you want, and click Open Now. The system will guide you through entering the necessary information.
You’re done! Thus, you will be able to use the funds in your account by using your debit card. As long as you keep these funds in a savings account, you will be able to generate interest. If you have a checking account, you can pay with checks. Either way, you’ll be able to take advantage of special benefits.
What is Bank Of America?
Bank of America is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets. Our North Carolina headquarters is in Charlotte. According to Forbes (2010), it is the third largest non-oil company in the world, after Wal-Mart and General Electric.
Seafirst Bank, the well-known Merrill Lynch, Lynch, Bank of America Merrill, First Franklin Financial Corp., Endeavor Foundation, and Incapital are all subsidiaries
A major player in investment banking, it offers basic banking products such as accounts, cards, loans, mortgages, etc. There are three main competitors to Wells Fargo: JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and Wells Fargo.
We hope we helped you find what you were looking for. How to Activate a Bank of America Debit Card is already known to you. It is very simple to accomplish this, and we believe you have all the information you need. You can always call Customer Service or visit a branch if you have questions.
If you follow our recommendations, we guarantee that you won’t be concerned about anything.
The daily withdrawal limit is another significant factor. By default, you are assigned a daily limit of US $ 500. However, you can increase it to a maximum of US $ 1,000 by contacting BofA customer service or contacting the bank.
Suppose, for example, you withdraw 700 US dollars at one point, and then 300 more at another ATM.
In this case, if you notice any unusual activity in your account, you should contact Bank Of America customer service immediately. Disable your debit card or credit card before it is too late to prevent further damage.
Until next time!
If you liked this article on How to Activate the Bank of America Debit Card, we recommend the following related articles: